In addition to the new components business, we offer an escalator step refurbishment service at our Bristol facility where steps/pallets can be fully refurbished. We do so through our state of the art blasting facility. The process is thorough and expertly done. Each step of this operation is detailed below.
- Step 1: Your escalator steps are removed by your escalator maintenance company, collection will be arranged by us and transported to our Bristol facility
- Step 2: The step components such as rollers, plastic inserts and locking mechanisms are removed from the step
- Step 3: All steps are cleaned thoroughly through the use of our industrial washing machine.
- Step 4: Steps are bead blasted within our blast container to remove the worn coating and all surface contaminants.
- Step 5: At this stage any damage to the step ribs can be repaired. Worn/sharp ribs are welded and then machined back to size.
- Step 6: The stripped and repaired steps are powder coated in your chosen colour.
- Step 7: The steps are reassembled and new rollers are installed. New rollers will make the escalator quieter and reduce the likelihood of future breakdowns.
- Step 8: The steps are securely packaged and returned to your chosen site for reinstallation
For further information, please contact:
External Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
For images and videos, visit Dawson's material bank.
About Dawson E&E Parts (Europe) Ltd:
For over 17 years Dawson E&E Parts (Europe) Ltd have been a pioneering force in the escalator industry. Supplying major manufacturers and service providers across the european escalator market with OEM & Aftermarket parts for all makes & models of escalators on both commercial and public transport escalators. Over 15,000 stock parts are held and distributed from our two UK based warehouses, allowing us to provide next day delivery into most of Europe.